Step Three: Get a NM DDW Group, Proposed Budget and Suggested Service PackagePrint this page
After your support needs are assessed, you are assigned to a NM DDW Group with a corresponding proposed budget and suggested service package. This is done in three stages.
First, you are assigned to a NM DDW Group based on your assessed needs. There are seven groups. The groups are labeled A to G and range from low to high support needs.
- Group C is reserved for individuals with moderate to above average behavior support needs
- Group F is reserved for individuals with extraordinary medical risk
- Group G is reserved for individuals with extraordinary behavior risk
Second, you choose where you will live. Your Living Care Arrangement (LCA) is based on your NM DDW Group, and your needs. Options for Living Care Arrangements (LCA) are provided in the suggested service package associated with your NM DDW Group. However, any LCA service option you choose is based on your preferences, your needs, and clinical justification for the requested services. Five LCA options are available.
Living Care Arrangement Options
- Customized In-Home Supports (Independent living) - live in your own home with some assistance at home and in the community.
- Customized In-Home Supports (Family/Friends) - live with family or friends with some assistance at home and in the community.
- Family Living - live with your family or a host family with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week assistance.
- Supported Living - live with others in a home and receive assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Intensive Medical Living Supports - Live in a home and receive very high medical supports and nursing care on a daily basis.
Third, you are informed of your proposed budget and suggested service package. Your service package is made up of three separate budget parts.
- A Base Budget that includes important and essential services such as: Case Management, Living Supports, and Day Services; including Employment and Customized Community Supports.
- A Professional Services Budget so you can get different kinds of therapies or behavior support such as: Physica Therapyl (PT), Speech and Language Pathology (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), and Behavior Support Consultation (BSC).
- Another Services Budget* that includes: Environmental Modifications, Personal Support Technology, Assistive Technology, Independent Living Transition, Supplemental Dental Care, Non-medical Transportation, Adult Nursing, Nutritional Counseling, Crisis Supports, Socialization and Sexuality Education, Therapy Initial Assessments, and BSC Initial Assessments.