Provider Selection GuidePrint this page
The Developmental Disabilities Support Division (DDSD), understands that there are many different factors in determining which agency to select for each service. These factors include location of the service provider, experience, staffing, safety, and ability to access community resources. DDSD has developed the Provider Selection Guide, a useful tool for assisting individuals/families to select the right provider for their support needs.
Start here with the Provider Selection Guide Tool:
- With your Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), develop an Individual Service Plan, based on your desired outcomes, and the services and supports needed to accomplish those outcomes.
- Talk with your Case Manager regarding what you should expect from each service provider. You can also review the DD Waiver Service Standards chapter which pertains to the service you are looking at.
- Access the DDSD Secondary Freedom of Choice page and obtain a list of providers in your region or county.
- The DDSD PSG Interview Questions are provided in order to assist you to make informed decisions when selecting an agency to provide services and supports. These are suggestions - please use the additional room to add your own specific questions. The questions are divided up into several sections: Agency, Staff, Communication, Service Specific and Health and Safety. Review this form, adding any additional questions that you have, which may be specific to your situation or needs. This form may be filled out and saved to your computer or printed and completed by hand.
Preguntas de Entrevista al Proveedor (questions in Spanish)
- Contact the providers in your region or county who are accepting new clients. You can call and make an appointment to meet with them, or make an appointment to meet by phone. Explain that you are looking for an agency to provide service(s), and require about 20 minutes of their time.
- Meet with the agency representative, by phone or in person, and complete the Provider Interview Questions Form, including any additional questions you included. If you are not satisfied with the answers provided, you should ask to speak to a supervisor or the manager of the agency.
- If you have further questions regarding this process, or the Freedom of Choice process, please contact the DDSD Office. The following is a list of offices in your region:
- Central Office/Santa Fe, 505-476-8973 or 1-877-696-1472
- Metro/Albuquerque, 505-841-5500 or 1-800-238-5548
- Northwest/Gallup, 505-963-9937 or 1-866-862-0448
- Southwest/Las Cruces, 575-528-5180 or 1- 866-742-5226
- Southeast/Roswell, 575-624-6100 or 1-866-895-9138
- Northeast/Taos, 575-758-5934 or 1-866-315-7123